As a young prospect, you need a long term spring/summer development program that offers a combination of “fun, educational, and training activities” in order to become a “well-rounded-mature-athlete”.
As an example, a long term development program for a GIRL hockey player may include these specific means to improve her skills and personality as shown in this diagram:
Here is an example of a Girls Hockey program that offers you a multidisciplinary approach for your development:
- Ice Hockey Skills Clinics (1 hr)
- Basic Hockey Skills Training for Beginners
- Playing in top tournaments such as the Ontario Hockey Prospects Challenge, World Selects Invitational and others
- Doing International Tours to become a mature athlete; and
- Others (Personal physical training, mental/psychological development clinics, etc.)